Monday, September 26, 2011

LunchBots Duo


Is this not the cutest thing ever?

Okay, time for a little story about me.  A few years ago me, the poor college student, decided that I could no longer afford the price of food on campus and that even if I could I could the campus food was anything but healthy (we only had fast food options).  So, I started looking for an alternative.

I soon found the wonderful world of bento.  What's bento?  Nutritionally sound meals served in tiny little boxes.  What's the point in the tiny little boxes?  To make it so your food doesn't bounce everywhere and make a mess (remember smashed sandwiches in elementary school?).  So, I found myself a bento box (or two) and started carrying my lunch.

Now, all the bento boxes are plastic.  Plastic has of course become public enemy #1 for health fanatics.  Let's face it, we've all switched to our lovely aluminum BPA free water bottles.  Yet we still carry our lunch (and pack our kids lunches) in plastic containers.  While I'm not 100% sold on the idea that a plastic lunch container will cause cancer to my child I'm not sure it's something I want to risk.

Which leads us back to the idea of the LunchBots containers mentioned above.  The food portion is made aluminum.  That means it is BPA free by default.  Perhaps more importantly for the bento crazed, IT'S ADORABLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment